Saturday, July 20, 2013

The greatest conversations are the ones that bring out the best in you, things that you don't consciously think of. Comfortable conversations where you don't feel the need to impress, where you don't have to conceal your real thoughts (for some might assume that you're speaking for the sake of impressing).

There are not many people who can make me speak. Most make you feel like you have to prove your worth through the words you utter, for they are constantly observing and judging and deciding if you're worth talking to. I do not want to prove my worth to the many out there who don't give a damn. Most people just drain me of energy. The great ones listen with an open mind; they know you speak not for validation, but simply for expression and connection.

Today was nothing short of great - I decided to take on more responsibility during practice today and controlled my impatient side. Hopefully I was of the right help. Met three pleasant ones for lunch, with a familiar talk of the lifestyle overseas and school. An impromptu meet up of dinner and drinks with two new people that added freshness to my recently zombiefied mind. New people really do give you energy - I am reminded of my interview with Marli that brought me out, and allowed me to learn more about her lifestyle.

Traveling has been a recent 'hot' topic, perhaps because it's the holidays and we are finally of age. I want to travel to know people, because they offer you alternatives. Knowing the place is not enough. It's not just learning about the difference in culture, but of the many different personalities that exist, shaped in ways we cannot comprehend until we speak to them. They also brought out the appeal of towns with character, which I fully and completely agree with.

This has been the best day since a whole month or maybe two, perhaps with the help of the lightness I have gained from meeting some at the conference I have worked for the past four days. You just need to find the right people to talk to.

No comments: